*This position is contingent upon the awarding of the contract which is expected in April 2021*
Our Engineering Team at Strategic Technical Services LLC currently has an opportunity for a CAD Operator Drafter.
This position , CAD Operator Drafter, will draft detailed drawings for our organization. The CAD Operator’s responsibilities include understanding written and verbal instructions, drafting technical drawings and blueprints, implementing feedback from engineers , keeping up-to-date with CAD software, and working necessary hours to meet deadlines. You should be able to explain technical aspects clearly to both the team and the client. To be successful as a CAD Operator, you should be able to understand complex calculations and have sound knowledge of building and safety regulations. Outstanding CAD Operators are disciplined, open to collaboration, and possess manual drawing skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpreting project briefs and meeting with clients and engineers to ensure all blueprints and technical drawings are completed to specifications.
- Producing rough sketches and using CAD software to prepare detailed drawings, plans, and blueprints.
- Visiting sites to gather information, and determine limitations and feasibility of designs.
- Updating software, drawings, and other documents.
- Remaining professional when feedback is delivered, and implementing any changes to drafts as soon as possible.
- Ensuring drawings are compliant with building regulations and engineering principles.
- Communicating potential design issues to engineers and architects.
- Conducting research when required.
- Ability to obtain or maintain Secret Security Clearance
- US Citizen
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting or similar.
- Additional courses in CAD software.
- Practical experience with CAD software.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction.
- A completed apprenticeship would be advantageous.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Superb work ethic and ability to accept feedback.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
For customers: Strategic Technical Services LLC (STS) provides consulting, implementation, data migration, training, and data integration support for some of the nation’s leading Aerospace & Defense entities, both government and commercial. Our core technical expertise centers on improving engineering based business processes in support of product design, development, configuration management, requirement management, and change management through the application of PTC Windchill product data management solutions. STS also has expertise in the peripheral capabilities of risk management, failure mode and effects analyses, failure reporting and corrective action systems, and planning. In addition, we provide a unique top-down business and information mapping methodology and toolset to help our customers develop a structured and platform-agnostic business and technical data management approach for their programs. The process deliverables consist of a comprehensive roadmap for integration of distributed data sets to satisfy various user requirements including management of a global bill of materials, configuration and life-cycle states, requirements, CAD data, and complete lifecycle data. Our SMEs also create and deliver targeted training and provide on-site support for workflow development, FRACAS best practices, reliability prediction, fault tree, FMEA, reliability block diagram, system interface modeling and simulation, design modeling and simulation, and software quality assurance practices. Our role-based training modules are customized to our clients’ products, processes, and needs to assure minimum time to adoption and value realization (ROI).
For employees: STS offers highly attractive and tailored compensation packages for senior level subject matter experts serving an eclectic variety of clients and technical fields. Our expertise ranges from developing missile launch support equipment and integration procedures for very large strategic rocket assets to enterprise data management fo