*This position is contingent upon the awarding of the contract which is expected in April 2021*
Our Engineering Team at Strategic Technical Services LLC currently has an opportunity for a Computer Engineer III.
This position will be a member of an engineering team which will be researching, designing, developing, and testing software, architect presentation framework, implement devops, interact with customer, recommend solutions for design recommendations and requirements, review code, estimate work, plan milestones, participate in agile, collaborate with stakeholders and technical groups. This position may require manufacturing , installation, operation and maintenance of components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and build computer hardware and software systems
- Perform routine checks to ensure hardware and systems are stable and operating efficiently
- Identify and resolve software problems as they arise
- Determine opportunities to improve efficiency and stability in data processing and workflow
- Work with other teams to ensure software and hardware systems are designed to support organizational goals
- Develop protocols for checking for and repairing software bugs
- Navigate workload ticketing system and resolve tickets in order of urgency
- Stay up to date on industry trends and technologies in order to ensure the organization is taking advantage of the most current technology
- Ability to obtain or maintain Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizen
- Master’s level degree in Computer, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Mathematics with field of concentration in computer science
- 7+ years experience in computer design, software development or computer networks
- Must have superior analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and still meet deadlines
- Open to collaboration and able to work productively as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to break down complex technical problems into simple terms
- Superior attention to detail in order to spot minute errors in code
- Excellent creative thinking skills and able to devise innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively
For customers: Strategic Technical Services LLC (STS) provides consulting, implementation, data migration, training, and data integration support for some of the nation’s leading Aerospace & Defense entities, both government and commercial. Our core technical expertise centers on improving engineering based business processes in support of product design, development, configuration management, requirement management, and change management through the application of PTC Windchill product data management solutions. STS also has expertise in the peripheral capabilities of risk management, failure mode and effects analyses, failure reporting and corrective action systems, and planning. In addition, we provide a unique top-down business and information mapping methodology and toolset to help our customers develop a structured and platform-agnostic business and technical data management approach for their programs. The process deliverables consist of a comprehensive roadmap for integration of distributed data sets to satisfy various user requirements including management of a global bill of materials, configuration and life-cycle states, requirements, CAD data, and complete lifecycle data. Our SMEs also create and deliver targeted training and provide on-site support for workflow development, FRACAS best practices, reliability prediction, fault tree, FMEA, reliability block diagram, system interface modeling and simulation, design modeling and simulation, and software quality assurance practices. Our role-based training modules are customized to our clients’ products, processes, and needs to assure minimum time to adoption and value realization (ROI).
For employees: STS offers highly attractive and tailored compensation packages for senior level subject matter experts serving an eclectic variety of clients and technical fields. Our expertise ranges from developing missile launch support equipment and integration procedures for very large strategic rocket assets to enterprise data management for customers with global user bases. We are a virtual enterprise with offices and operations nationwide.