*This position is contingent upon the awarding of the contract which is expected in April 2021*
Our Engineering Team at Strategic Technical Services LLC currently has an opportunity for a Digital Engineer.
This position will work as an integral member of a government/contractor team in support of our customer’s operations organization. As a systems engineering team member, you will work on all aspects of systems hardware and software – from design and analysis to integration and testing. In this role, you will prepare acquisition documents, generate system concept of operations and requirements documents, critique contractor produced preliminary design and segment requirements, and participate in system testing and integration using model-based systems engineering tools and techniques. Your work will encompass advanced systems, such as command and control elements and data processing systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in troubleshooting and tuning of field devices and networks to allow increased reliability to our customers.
- Work in a team environment to create and engineer digital design subsystems from concept through to tape-out
- Develops and maintains high pressure and distribution system models by gathering and analyzing system performance data, customer loads and system loads with computer-based flow modeling software and recommends alternative solutions to support the addition of new loads.
- Manages placement of recording devices and review of system data to effectively monitor system capacity and ensure compliance with State and Federal codes and company policy
- Provides engineering designs, specifications, support service, cost estimates and project management for electric/natural gas construction projects and other projects of technical nature
- Ability to obtain or maintain Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor’s Level degree in an Engineering discipline
- Strong analytical; able to manage multiple priorities, effectively manage projects and leads teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate, correspond and interact with senior staff/management and field personnel.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills.
- Experience with CREO
For customers: Strategic Technical Services LLC (STS) provides consulting, implementation, data migration, training, and data integration support for some of the nation’s leading Aerospace & Defense entities, both government and commercial. Our core technical expertise centers on improving engineering-based business processes in support of product design, development, configuration management, requirement management, and change management through the application of PTC Windchill product data management solutions. STS also has expertise in the peripheral capabilities of risk management, failure mode and effects analyses, failure reporting and corrective action systems, and planning. In addition, we provide a unique top-down business and information mapping methodology and toolset to help our customers develop a structured and platform-agnostic business and technical data management approach for their programs. The process deliverables consist of a comprehensive roadmap for integration of distributed data sets to satisfy various user requirements including management of a global bill of materials, configuration and life-cycle states, requirements, CAD data, and complete lifecycle data. Our SMEs also create and deliver targeted training and provide on-site support for workflow development, FRACAS best practices, reliability prediction, fault tree, FMEA, reliability block diagram, system interface modeling and simulation, design modeling and simulation, and software quality assurance practices. Our role-based training modules are customized to our clients’ products, processes, and needs to assure minimum time to adoption and value realization (ROI).
For employees: STS offers highly attractive and tailored compensation packages for senior level subject matter experts serving an eclectic variety of clients and technical fields. Our expertise ranges from developing missile launch support equipment and integration procedures for very large strategic rocket assets to enterprise data management for customers with global user bases. We are a virtual enterprise with offices and operations nationwide.