Document Management Specialist
STS is searching for a full-time Document Management Specialist. The Document Management Specialist electronically manages documents and records for the customer.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures regarding document storage, sharing, transmission, and destruction.
- Evaluates existing document management systems and procedures to determine current effectiveness and efficiency; identifies and recommends improvements.
- Consults with end users to identify problems in accessing electronic content.
- Ensures security of system and integrity of master documents by implementing document and system access rights and revision controls.
- Communicates and consults with other staff when assessing, acquiring, or deploying new electronic document management systems to ensure smooth transition and minimal disruption.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and developments in document management technologies and techniques through participation in professional organizations or conferences, attendance at meetings or workshops, participation in educational programs, and discussions with colleagues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of laws and regulations regarding document management.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent and creative problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in related field required.
- At least three years of related experience required.