*This position is contingent upon awarding of the contract which is expected April 2021*
Our Engineering Team at Strategic Technical Services LLC currently has an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer III.
This position will research, work to develop robust, manufacturable processes. Implement new processes to meet schedule, leading troubleshooting efforts as needed to meet project requirements. Define requirements, evaluate install and qualify new process equipment. Identify and implement continuous improvements that contribute to the achievement of throughput, yield and product performance goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and test aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc
- May be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Prioritize / establish action plans to address deficiencies on assigned systems via the corrective action and work management processes. Interface with Maintenance and Operations for cost effective maintenance strategies on assigned systems.
- Create 3D CAD designs, specifications, drawings and perform tolerance analyses.
- Perform structural simulations of new mechanical designs.
- Ability to obtain or maintain Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor’s level degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7 years of professional experience
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills experience in independently completing design; including 3D modeling, 2D drawing, detailing and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Experience with using solid modeling software in 3D modeling and 2D drawings of mechanical components and assemblies
- Experience using MS Office Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience with CAD
- Experience with CREO
For customers: Strategic Technical Services LLC (STS) provides consulting, implementation, data migration, training, and data integration support for some of the nation’s leading Aerospace & Defense entities, both government and commercial. Our core technical expertise centers on improving engineering based business processes in support of product design, development, configuration management, requirement management, and change management through the application of PTC Windchill product data management solutions. STS also has expertise in the peripheral capabilities of risk management, failure mode and effects analyses, failure reporting and corrective action systems, and planning. In addition, we provide a unique top-down business and information mapping methodology and toolset to help our customers develop a structured and platform-agnostic business and technical data management approach for their programs. The process deliverables consist of a comprehensive roadmap for integration of distributed data sets to satisfy various user requirements including management of a global bill of materials, configuration and life-cycle states, requirements, CAD data, and complete lifecycle data. Our SMEs also create and deliver targeted training and provide on-site support for workflow development, FRACAS best practices, reliability prediction, fault tree, FMEA, reliability block diagram, system interface modeling and simulation, design modeling and simulation, and software quality assurance practices. Our role-based training modules are customized to our clients’ products, processes, and needs to assure minimum time to adoption and value realization (ROI).
For employees: STS offers highly attractive and tailored compensation packages for senior level subject matter experts serving an eclectic variety of clients and technical fields. Our expertise ranges from developing missile launch support equipment and integration procedures for very large strategic rocket assets to enterprise data management for customers with global user bases. We are a virtual enterprise with offices and operations nationwide.