Our Engineering Team at Strategic Technical Services LLC currently has an opportunity for a Systems Engineer.
This position will be a member of an engineering team focused on the application of Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) languages, methods, and tools to support development of models for a complex weapon system. The ideal candidate will have experience/education in systems engineering, design engineering, and system modeling using SysML. The candidate shall apply this knowledge to develop weapon system models of system requirements, interfaces, architecture and behavior. This position will require the candidate to work with a specialized team of Government and Contractor engineers, using state of the art systems engineering and software development tools, to integrate existing subsystem models into a coherent high level weapon system modeling and simulation environment. This position will be onsite in Crane, IN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer subject matter expertise with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Work with the customer community, Department of Defense, and industry partners to create a MBSE environment
- Participate in development of system models leveraging existing pilot projects
- Participate in development of a MBSE approach across the product lifecycle
- Participate in development of MBSE approaches to support automated requirements traceability, subsystem to system interface identification, design compliance verification, hardware testing, configuration management, sustainment management
- Support the integration of SysML modeling tools with other types of engineering tools such as requirements management tools, analysis, simulation and configuration management tools
- Assist in development of high-quality and professional presentations to the client that effectively communicate analysis results and proposed solutions.
- Produce quality engineering and technical analysis reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation
- Logically and efficiently analyze, test and diagnose system performance to isolate problems and report if necessary.
- Work well in a team environment
- Strive to become an expert in the tools used by our industry teammates
- Take ownership of process improvements and see them through to successful implementation.
- Actively observe our competitive environment and be ready to respond to changes in the market
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or other related technical degree required.
- Experience with various modeling languages, including, but not limited to: SysML, UML and UPDM
- Experience with mechanical, electrical, and/or software design modeling tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to obtain or maintain Top Secret security clearance
- 401K Plan
- Multiple Health Insurance Plans with United Healthcare
- Vision and Dental Insurance Plans with United Healthcare
- Short-Term, Long-Term, and Disability Insurance with Cigna
- HSA or FSA Available
For customers: Strategic Technical Services LLC (STS) provides consulting, implementation, data migration, training, and data integration support for some of the nation’s leading Aerospace & Defense entities, both government and commercial. Our core technical expertise centers on improving engineering based business processes in support of product design, development, configuration management, requirement management, and change management through the application of PTC Windchill product data management solutions. STS also has expertise in the peripheral capabilities of risk management, failure mode and effects analyses, failure reporting and corrective action systems, and planning. In addition, we provide a unique top-down business and information mapping methodology and toolset to help our customers develop a structured and platform-agnostic business and technical data management approach for their programs. The process deliverables consist of a comprehensive roadmap for integration of distributed data sets to satisfy various user requirements including management of a global bill of materials, configuration and life-cycle states, requirements, CAD data, and complete lifecycle data. Our SMEs also create and deliver targeted training and provide on-site support for workflow development, FRACAS best practices, reliability prediction, fault tree, FMEA, reliability block diagram, system interface modeling and simulation, design modeling and simulation, and software quality assurance practices. Our role-based training modules are customized to our clients’ products, processes, and needs to assure minimum time to adoption and value realization (ROI).
For employees: STS offers highly attractive and tailored compensation packages for senior level subject matter experts serving an eclectic variety of clients and technical fields. Our expertise ranges from developing missile launch support equipment and integration procedures for very large strategic rocket assets to enterprise data management for customers with global user bases. We are a virtual enterprise with offices and operations nationwide.