*This position is contingent upon the awarding of the contract which is expected April 2021*
Our Engineering Team at Strategic Technical Services LLC currently has an opportunity for a Technical Writer.
This position will write and edit technical reports, brochures, and/or manuals for internal documentation, customer reference, or publication. This person researches and analyzes available literature and verifies copy with appropriate departments and may coordinate production and distribution of materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with clients and the internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the network and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Ability to obtain or maintain Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizen
- 3 years work related experience in technical writing/editing
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
For customers: Strategic Technical Services LLC (STS) provides consulting, implementation, data migration, training, and data integration support for some of the nation’s leading Aerospace & Defense entities, both government and commercial. Our core technical expertise centers on improving engineering based business processes in support of product design, development, configuration management, requirement management, and change management through the application of PTC Windchill product data management solutions. STS also has expertise in the peripheral capabilities of risk management, failure mode and effects analyses, failure reporting and corrective action systems, and planning. In addition, we provide a unique top-down business and information mapping methodology and toolset to help our customers develop a structured and platform-agnostic business and technical data management approach for their programs. The process deliverables consist of a comprehensive roadmap for integration of distributed data sets to satisfy various user requirements including management of a global bill of materials, configuration and life-cycle states, requirements, CAD data, and complete lifecycle data. Our SMEs also create and deliver targeted training and provide on-site support for workflow development, FRACAS best practices, reliability prediction, fault tree, FMEA, reliability block diagram, system interface modeling and simulation, design modeling and simulation, and software quality assurance practices. Our role-based training modules are customized to our clients’ products, processes, and needs to assure minimum time to adoption and value realization (ROI).
For employees: STS offers highly attractive and tailored compensation packages for senior level subject matter experts serving an eclectic variety of clients and technical fields. Our expertise ranges from developing missile launch support equipment and integration procedures for very large strategic rocket assets to enterprise data management for customers with global user bases. We are a virtual enterprise with offices and operations nationwide.