The Engineering Team at Strategic Technical Services LLC (STS) has an immediate need for a Designer/Modeler to support development of 3D CAD models and drawing detail sheets using PTC Creo Parametric tools.
The ideal candidate will be able to excel in the performance of the following functions:
Modeling of products, interfaces, mechanization, assemblies, and design functionality
Product Definition via solid modeling, specifications, design drawings, and product data management using PTC/Creo and associated product data management products
Product Investigation and Selection satisfying design and engineering requirements
Attention to detail following prescribed techniques and standards set forth by Design/Engineering Management
Ability to perform duties with minimum supervision of design/modeling activities of assigned product development and sustainment using the prescribed techniques and standards
Check and Validate design/modeling of others in accordance with design requirements and standards of customers
Quality Assurance of customer directed design/modeling products
Configuration Management of design/modeling documentation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough understanding and usage of PTC/Creo detail, design and modeling tools.
- Thorough understanding and ability to
- Create, organize and manipulate large family tables using PTC Creo
- Use and create relational parameters
- Use and create models in a top down design environment
- Create efficient models from the military specs which capturing critical features
- Thorough understanding and usage of product life-cycle management software (PLM), PTC/Windchill.
- Thorough understanding and usage of dimensional management, and tolerance analysis. 3D-GD&T experience desired
- Create/modify solid models and maintain configuration management of engineering drawings and technical data package elements (Generating and Incorporating ECNs)
- Design and drafting support to complete large complex assembly models and drawings for military support equipment, subassemblies and kits
- Prepare and maintenance of interface drawings and documents in support of complex assemblies and components.
- Prepare engineering and technical analysis reports, change proposals and other technical documentation as required by the customer.
- Understand and create drawings based on the Engineering Drawing Standards Guide (EDSG) and Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances as well as MIL-STD-31000
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 2-5 years of experience (preferred), or other related technical degree plus 10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the structural and machine design of electo-mechanical equipment. Associated experience with manufacturing and inspection is also desired.
- Experience in integration of electo-mechanical system using CAD software of technical drawing creation, review, and change control
- Experience with the use and application of geometric tolerancing (GD&T) in product design and manufacturing
- Knowledge of Engineering Drawing Standards Guide (EDSG), MIL-STD-31000, DoD and industry documentation standards
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the use and functionality PTC Creo Parametric solid modeling design tools
- Two years minimum experience designing with PTC Creo Parametric 3D modeling and 2D drafting
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), PTC Windchill PDMLink tools
- Two years (desired) experience using Windchill PDMLink. Windchill administrative experience desired.
- Ability to understand engineering product development needs and integrate processes and procedures to meet those needs
- Proficiency with software and computing environments including but not limited to Windows and Microsoft Office
- Be a self-starter and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision
For employees: STS offers highly attractive and tailored compensation packages for senior level subject matter experts serving an eclectic variety of clients and technical fields. Our expertise ranges from developing missile launch support equipment and integration procedures for very large strategic rocket assets to enterprise data management for customers with global user bases. We are a virtual enterprise with offices and operations nationwide.
For customers: Strategic Tech Solutions LLC (STS) provides consulting, implementation, data migration, training, and data integration support for some of the nation’s leading Aerospace and Defense entities, both government and commercial. Our core technical expertise centers on improving engineering based business processes in support of product design, development, configuration management, requirement management, and change management through the application of PTC Windchill product data management solutions. STS also has expertise in the peripheral capabilities of risk management, failure mode and effects analyses, failure reporting and corrective action systems, and planning. In addition, we provide a unique top-down business and information mapping methodology and toolset to help our customers develop a structured and platform-agnostic business and technical data management approach for their programs. The process deliverables consist of a comprehensive roadmap for integration of distributed data sets to satisfy various user requirements including management of a global bill of materials, configuration and life-cycle states, requirements, CAD data, and complete lifecycle data. Our SMEs also create and deliver targeted training and provide on-site support for workflow development, FRACAS best practices, reliability prediction, fault tree, FMEA, reliability block diagram, system interface modeling and simulation, design modeling and simulation, and software quality assurance practices. Our role-based training modules are customized to our clients’ products, processes, and needs to assure minimum time to adoption and value realization (ROI).